December 01, 2006

Before We Forget...

The link to our wedding pictures, taken by our awesome photographer, Evan Bishop:

www.pictage.com 

**Sorry! Link has expired!**

Also, we hoped to play the song "The Parting Glass" at the end of our going away party, but the pub's sound system didn't work. Here are the words:


Of all the money e'er I had, I spent it in good company;
And all the harm I've ever done, alas was done to none but me;
And all I've done for want of wit, to memory now I can't recall,
So fill me to the parting glass, goodnight and joy be with you all.

Of all the comrades e'er I had, they're sorry for my going away,
And all the sweethearts e'er I had , they wish me one more day to stay,
But since it falls unto my lot that I should go and you should not,
I'll gently rise and softly call, goodnight and joy be with you all.

If I had money enough to spend and leisure time to sit awhile,
There is a fair maid in this town who sorely has my heart beguiled.
Her rosy cheeks and ruby lips, I own she has my heart in thrall,
So fill me to the parting glass, goodnight and joy be with you all.

Notes: this is a very traditional Irish song for singing at the end of an evening, a gathering or an event. Probably the only song more common as a wrap-up is the Soldier's Song, the national anthem of Ireland.


We miss you all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just listened to this song from your thank you CD on the way home from work today!

Anonymous said...

Dick listened to ur whole cd that u left the other day-he had it blaring in his/your office:) He admitted yesterday that he misses u too-you know how he would never admit. I am waiting for my turn for the cd-Tara

Marrisa said...

Hiya!!! Holy old post Batman!! Your Christmas Tree lead me to this and so here I am trying to view your wedding photos but they dont seem to be online any more :-(